Developing with devfiles
A devfile is a
yaml file. After you include it in your local environment, the devfile provides ways to automate your processes. Tools like
odo run the devfile and apply its guidelines to your environment. You can configure the devfile based on your unique development needs.
To get a better understanding of what devfiles can help build, take a look at a few tools that currently support devfile.
Quick start guides
- Use the devfile specification to develop a Node.js “Hello World” application using
odo. Developing this application introduces you to how a devfile automates and simplifies your development process.
- Quick start with odo v3
- Get started with odo.
- Create a workspace in
Eclipse Chewith a community sample backed by the devfile specification to start building your application in the language of your choice.
- Quick start with Eclipse Che
- Get started with Eclipse Che.
- Use blueprints in
Amazon CodeCatalystto quickly build a "Modern three-tier web application". Start working on the source code with a Dev Environment that uses a devfile to pre-determine and install the required project tools and application libraries.
- Get started with Amazon CodeCatalyst.
- Set up a remote development environment that links to your Git repository using
JetBrains Space Cloud Devand the devfile specification.
- Get started with JetBrains Space Cloud Dev Environments.
Tools that provide devfile support
To continue working with devfiles, go to overview.